“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

21 May 2008

D28: Brisbane

Arrive - Brisbane @ 10:05am (Non-stop)

It was a relatively uneventful flight. I had an american guy sitting next to me and he literally went to sleep the minute the plane pushed back from the terminal.

Thankfully, I was on the aisle, so it made getting up for those vital trips to the bathroom quite easy. I didn't get much sleep, so I watched some crappy movies and watched multiple episodes of Gordon Ramsay. When I had enough of this I listened to my iPod and wandered around the cabin.

My traveling buddy eventually woke up around the time they were coming through the cabin serving breakfast. I then found out that he was on his way to the Gold Coast international boat show at Sanctuary Cove. I gave him a bit of a heads up about the State of Origin game that was on tonight, he struggled with "Go the Maroons"...

Coming through customs and immigration there were signs up saying that they were filming for "Border Security"... And disappointingly I was selected to be on the show (not!). I had (of course) done the right thing and declared that I was carrying food items, but I was given the all ok because it was only chocolates and lollies (hee hee).

Jos picked me up from the airport which was great. We had lunch at the Everton Park - and I had my first real steak in a month.

Afterwards we went back to her place and I got to watch Josh's Awake Live DVD for the very first time. It was released in Australia in early May, so I hadn't gotten the opportunity to see it because I was overseas. And with the size of her TV, there was no better way for me to enjoy my first viewing...

This was as close as I'd gotten to seeing it while I was travelling:
Hard Rock Cafe in London (the special internet edition)

HMV in Hong Kong (and yes it's $110 HKD - approx. $15 AUD)

Here's just a quick preview -


and this is the title track -


We then picked up Ben from school and I was able to give him a couple of little presents from his favorite aunty.

I got home around 5ish, and after unpacking, I practically fell into bed. I didn't even watch the State of Origin...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..