We then headed towards the Scottish border.
Next was a photo-stop at Jedburgh.
And then lunch was at Melrose with its 12th-century abbey ruins and connections with Robert the Bruce.
We arrived in Edinburgh mid afternoon, and as I'd chosen to do the optional tour of the "Royal Yacht Britannia" I had a hour or two to chill.
It really was quite fascinating to be on board the Royal Yacht Britannia and to try and imagine what it would be like when the royals were on board. The weirdest part was the separate bedrooms for the Queen and Prince Philip. It was obvious it held a very special place in the hearts of the royals.
The Queens bedroom
Prince Philips' bedroom
Staff quarters
(I even went to the bathroom while on board - not that you really needed to know that, but I thought I'd share anyway)...
All my photos from today can be found here.
Hotel details
Capital Hotel Edinburgh(Kay's hotel rating - Good)









No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think..