“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

08 May 2008

D15: Killarney - Waterford

Today we went here... (Any ideas??)

Well, if you said, Blarney Castle and/or the Blarney Stone then go to the top of the class. If you believe the stories, this is the magical Stone of Eloquence. It's said that once kissed the stone bestows the gift of eloquence. Well I didn't kiss it, so I guess this won't happen...

There was more driving this afternoon before we arrived at Waterford. I joined the optional pub tour before dinner. We had a local guide who took us on bit of a tour of Dunmore which is a small fishing village about 20 minutes from Waterford.


After the tour, we went to "Hayes Pub", and it was what I'd always imagined an Irish pub to be. Our guide, then became our entertainment and played some traditional Irish tunes including Dirty Old Town, Whiskey in the Jar etc..
My drink of choice was again "Bulmers Irish Cider"... YUM!!!! I LOVE IT...

Fingers crossed I can find it when I get home. (*** UPDATE - I've discovered Dan Murphy's stock it, so I'm all set. Woo hoo!!!!)
And if you have an old Singer sewing machine sitting around and you're wondering what to do with it, here's an idea-


Hotel details
Quality Waterford Marina
(Kay's hotel rating - good)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..