On arrival we were met and escorted to our bus. We got to see the major attractions including th Champs-Elysees, Arch de Triomphe, and the Chaillot Palace.
From the Trocadero we got a great view of the Eiffel Tower. There were lots of hawkers around trying to sell tacky souvenirs, but I avoided them at all costs.
As we wandered down to the Eiffel Tower, we crossed the Seine, and then made our way up to the second level of the tower. It was just amazing.
After about 40mins, we left the Eiffel Tower and had lunch on the banks of the River Seine. this is where I had lunch. Very surreal.
From here, about 8 of us, left the main tour as they went off on a river cruise, and instead we made our way in a van to Palace of Versailles. I'm lost for words at just how amazing this place is...
Once we left Versailles, we headed back into Paris. We had about 2 hours until the bus was coming to take us back to the train station, so I went and did a little retail therapy. This was the place where I went shopping.
I didn't really purchase anything other than a scarf. Trying to remember my year 8 French was interesting. Merci beaucoup!
Here's a few more random Paris photos I took while on the bus back to the station.
So it was back on the Eurostar to London.
For all my photos from today, click here.
Hotel details
The Montana Hotel
(Kay's hotel rating - good)



























Of course I went straight to the Paris pix. You're a pretty good photographer, Miss!
ReplyDeletexxx