“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

13 May 2008

D20: London (Chess M&G)

When it was finally confirmed that Josh would be performing in Chess, a group of UK based fans got together and organised a "Meet & Greet" as a way for fans from all over the world to get together, have a nice lunch and raise some funds for the Josh Groban foundation. They found a venue OGNISKO which was really close to the RAH. I don't think they realised what they were in for...

I guess all up there were about 200 people there. It was a tight fit, but well worth it. We ended up out on the back terrace which was just lovely.
Josh's mum & dad (Lindy & Jack) stopped in to say hello and Lindy thanked everyone for raising money for Josh's foundation, but we really couldn't hear what she was saying. Jack & Lindy then came around the back near where we were sitting, but no I didn't go up and say hello. There are some lines I won't cross.

After lunch, there was an auction of Josh related stuff. I think all up they raised well over $10,000 US which was amazing.

Trish was the winning bidder on a Cardboard Josh, so finally we get one that'll live in Australia. Of course, we then had to get him back to the hotel, and boy did we have some fun with that...

The link to all my pictures including the M&G will be in my Chess Night 2 post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..