I was woken up by a phone call at about 3am this morning - NOT HAPPY JAN!!!! Apparently the airport shuttle was there to pick me up for my 6:20 flight. The only problem with this was my flight isn't until 6:20pm TONIGHT!!!
Luckily I was able to find my confirmation that reception had given me and it said 3:00pm. So I don't know who stuffed up, but first thing this morning, I made sure that a shuttle bus would be arriving to take me to the airport this afternoon.
I had a bit of a sleep-in this morning, before heading over the road to the post office. I don't know how it happened, but I appear to have accumulated some extra stuff over the past 4 weeks, so I decided to send some stuff home.
I sent home a fairly large box and I think it weighed about 5kg. EKKK!!! Oh well, I'm hoping there won't be any nasty surprises at the airport tonight. I think I still might be a little over my baggage allowance, but it wouldn't be by much.
I then set about packing up my gear. Now this is the part of travel I hate the most... I then dragged everything down to reception so I could check out, although I was leaving my gear here for the day until I caught the shuttle bus.
I didn't have a lot of time today, so I decided that I had to go check out Harrods. It was HUGE!!
I picked up a few more things here, mainly souvenirs, but I did treat myself to a nice new pair of Bvlgari sunglasses.
After lunch, I visited the Dodi & Diana memorial. Yeah, I know it's a little creepy, but I couldn't resist. Apparently, the glass pyramid that's in front of the photos contains the "engagement ring" Dodi gave Diana the night of the crash.
Now, I'm sure I heard somewhere on my trip, that now the inquest etc is over, they're hoping to display the car as well (yep - in all it's mangled glory). Now that is macabre!!! Let's hope that's only a rumor.
I returned to the hotel to wait for the shuttle bus. And luckily it arrived. I was beginning to think that after the stuff-up this morning, they might forget me. But they didn't. I got to Heathrow with plenty of time to spare. As I thought, I was a little over with my baggage, but it wasn't a drama. Thankfully...
I had the window seat for this flight, so I was a bit worried about how I'd go when I needed to get up, but my seat mate was from Hong Kong. She'd been working at the Cannes Film Festival and she didn't sleep, so I made sure I timed when I needed to get up to coincide with the end of the show she was watching. So it all worked out fine, and I somehow managed to get some sleep so that was good.
Now, I'm sure I heard somewhere on my trip, that now the inquest etc is over, they're hoping to display the car as well (yep - in all it's mangled glory). Now that is macabre!!! Let's hope that's only a rumor.
I returned to the hotel to wait for the shuttle bus. And luckily it arrived. I was beginning to think that after the stuff-up this morning, they might forget me. But they didn't. I got to Heathrow with plenty of time to spare. As I thought, I was a little over with my baggage, but it wasn't a drama. Thankfully...
I had the window seat for this flight, so I was a bit worried about how I'd go when I needed to get up, but my seat mate was from Hong Kong. She'd been working at the Cannes Film Festival and she didn't sleep, so I made sure I timed when I needed to get up to coincide with the end of the show she was watching. So it all worked out fine, and I somehow managed to get some sleep so that was good.
Flight details:
Cathay Pacific CS250
Depart - London Heathrow @ 6:20pm.
Arrive - Hong Kong International @ 1:10pm (Non-stop)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think..