After two nights in Edinburgh it was back on the bus for the long trip down to Wrexham in Wales. We drive through the Lowland Hills and a made a short stop at Gretna Green, where the blacksmith used to wed runaway couples. One of the things I learnt today was that Grenta Green was close to Lockerbie which is more often than not associated with December 21 1988 when the wreckage of Pan Am Flight 103 crashed as a result of a terrorist bomb.
We then drove through the beautiful scenery in the Lake District, and stopped at Wordsworth's Grasmere for lunch before following the shores of Lake Windermere.
We then arrived in Chester, a historic county town on the River Dee, that has Roman remains, black and white half-timbered buildings, and the two-tiered shopping arcades called the "Rows."
I bought a really cute Radley handbag from the "Barra" collection while in Chester. I'd seen similiar ones in York, but they were on sale here, so I'm glad I waited. So now I've got a bag from Scotland and England. Guess that means I have to get one in Ireland and Wales as well to balance it up...
This is how it's described on the website -
An eclectic mix of leather and fabric in a blend of sweet pastel colours give the Barra collection a sense of hand-crafted, whimsy charm. Intimate detail is created through linear stitching, embroidered flowers and strips of contrasting leather and fabric. The charms on the bag include a leather panel adorned with rustic embroidery which is a brooch, rustic tassels and the Radley dog tag. A vintage floral lining and array of useful pockets can be found inside.For the rest of my pictures from today, click here.
Hotel details
Ramada Plaza Wrexham
(Kay's hotel rating - outstanding)






No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think..