“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

19 November 2011

Day 18: Washington, DC to Pittsburgh

I was up very, very early this morning as I had to be at Union Station to catch my 6:45am bus to Pittsburgh.

Early morning view of the US Capitol from my taxi...
Now as hard as this might be to believe, my seat for the 6 hour trip on Megabus only cost me $6.  Truth be told, my trip could have cost me just $3, but I decided to purchase 2 seats so I could have a spare seat beside me (so yes, it worked out to $3 per seat).  The trip was pretty uneventful, and even with two stops (one to pick up passengers and one for a ½ hour rest) we arrived on time in Pittsburgh.


My dear friend Beth picked me up from the Convention Centre and from here we headed to her place where we were able to catch up.  Way back in 1985 when I was in Grade 9, Beth and I were matched up as pen friends, and I'm so lucky that 26 years later, we still keep in contact, although our monthly letters have been replaced with sporadic emails.  I had visited Beth and her family when I last visited the US back in 1997, so it was good to be able to catch up after 14 long years.

For dinner we went into Pittsburgh to Tessaro's, which is apparently a Pittsburgh institution, well known for their burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..