“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

05 November 2011

Day 04: Long Island to Providence

After the excitement of last night, it was a miracle I actually got any sleep. After breakfast I checked out and got a cab to the airport. Once inside the terminal I realized I'd left my coat on the back seat. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it, and thankfully it was only a zip-up fleece top, so it's easily replaceable.

Waiting for departure - JetBlue flight JKF to BOS
The JetBlue flight from JFK to Boston was pretty uneventful.  We were in the air for just under an hour.

View from my window...
My friend Jacqueline (J) who I met in London back in 2008 when we were there for Chess had kindly agreed to let me stay at her place in Rhode Island.  She was also picking up another friend, MaryBeth (MB) who was going to the Manchester and Providence shows.  And as luck would have it, our flight arrival times were pretty close together so J was able to collect us both at the same time.

MB & I were totally excited that we had both won the chance to meet Josh before the Manchester show and that we could both bring one guest with us.  This obviously dominated our conversation.  MB won the 'Road Reporter' so she'll have to do up a report to go on FoJG after the show.

Another friend of J's, Katya (K) is scheduled to fly in on Monday afternoon, so a plan was set in motion that we wouldn't tell her until the day of the show that she would be going as my guest to the show. 

J's house was totally cute and my bed room was gorgeous.  I love how the houses here make such great use of their entire roof space.  We had a lovely dinner and J's cake was definitely interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..