“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

11 November 2011

Day 10: Providence - Foxborough day trip

Sadly yesterday we had to say farewell to K, MB and our new friend S. It was very sad to see them go. The previous 5 days had been so amazing and it's just brings home that being a Josh fan is about so much more than just the music. I'm lucky to have made some amazing new friends and for that I'll be forever thankful. It appeared that the weather went out in sympathy as it was grey and overcast, which meant that we had a nice lazy day at home.

Last of the fall colors as seen from the car...
Today the weather had improved heaps so J & I jumped in the car and headed up to Foxborough, Massachusetts - location of Gillette Stadium, the home of the New England Patriots NFL team and the Patriot Place Shopping open-air shopping center.

We wandered around the shops for awhile before meeting one J's work colleagues.  We had lunch at "Five Guys - Burgers and Fries".


After lunch we checked out the external view of the stadium.


We headed back to RI, but before we went to J's place we stopped off at Slater Memorial Park, where I got to see some more fall colors.


We had a fairly early night as tomorrow our adventure continues as J & I head to NYC, before meeting up with K again on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..