For lunch I decided to try the Original BBQ Chicken Chopped from CPK (California Pizza Kitchen), which based on numerous tweets from Josh is one of his favorites.
@calpizzakitchen you should have a "first one's free" policy on the BBQ chicken chopped salad. It continues to be my drug of choice.
— josh groban (@joshgroban) June 29, 2011
The salad consisted of BBQ chicken, tomatoes, scallions, avocado, sweet corn, black beans (which I requested to be left off), jicama (I had no idea what this was - but have since discovered it's a large, bulbous root vegetable that can be eaten raw or cooked), cilantro (which we in Australia know better as coriander), basil, tortilla strips, monterey jack cheese, tossed in a homemade herb ranch dressing. It was pretty darn tasty.
I had a rest in the afternoon before I headed over to the Nassau Coliseum to watch my very first game of ice hockey. Luckily for me the venue was directly across the parking lot from the hotel, which was totally planned on my part as this is the venue for Josh's concert tomorrow night. And luckily the scoreboard confirmed this.
The New York Islanders played the Winnipeg Jets, and sadly for the home team, they lost 3-0.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think..