“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

14 November 2011

Day 13: New York, NY - Josh Groban in Concert

Not surprising after our late night, we had a bit of a late start today.  J & I caught the subway up to Times Square where we met up with K & JH where we had a lunch/breakfast at the Galaxy Diner in Hell's Kitchen.

Justin channeling his inner "Billy Elliott"
From here we wandered back up into Times Square before heading to Radio City Music Hall as J, K & JH had tickets for a matinee session of the world famous Radio City Christmas Spectacular.


I headed back to the hotel where I had an quick kip before I headed to Playwright's Irish Pub on West 35th Street (btw 5th & 6th Avenues) where the fan pre-show meet-up was scheduled.  A good crowd had turned up to celebrate the last show of the US tour.  J, K & JH arrived after they got back from the Christmas Spectacular, and before long it was time to head over to Madison Square Garden.


At MSG I found my my friend Emma from Australia who was at the show.  J & I had seats a little further back than we had at our previous shows.  This time we didn't get one of the Gold or Silver packages, but we were still only 12 rows from the stage.  We were missing MB, so just as the show started, J called her so she could listen to the first song of the last show.


After the show we went to loading dock area to see if Josh would come out and sign.  There were a few people around, but it became obviously that he wouldn't be coming out, so we quickly moved down to the "Flying Puck" where we'd told a few of our friends we'd be heading after the show. When we arrived the post show party was in full swing and everyone seemed to be having a good time.  It's no secret that a few cocktails were consumed before it was time to bid a sad farewell to many new and wonderful friends.


K & JH came back to the hotel to pick up some stuff they'd left there before the show, and it was sad to say goodbye as they (along with J) had made this experience in New York one to remember; but there was a silver lining as I was hoping that I'd get to see K when I was headed down to DC tomorrow until the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..