“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

17 November 2011

Day 16: Washington, DC

It was an early start toady as I had a 9:30am booking to tour the US Capitol Building.  After the tour concluded I got a pass to sit in the gallery for both the Senate and the House.


After I finished at the Capitol I headed to the Library of Congress via the underground tunnel to the Jefferson Building. And wow, what an impressive building!


After leaving Capitol Hill I caught the metro from Capitol South to K's work so I could join her and her colleagues for an early thanksgiving lunch. My first ever Thanksgiving experience.


Dinner tonight was a tex-mex affair at the Austin Grill (750 E Street, NW Washington) before I headed to the Verizon Center to see Cirque du Soleil's "Quidam".

Frozen strawberry margarita.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..