Ok, so I know I'm a little behind in my daily updates, but I hope to rectify that sitution in the next couple of days.
Paris was amazing, cold, but amazing and I can 100% confirm that our love affair continues and I'm already planning what I'll do when I return.
But briefly...
The macaron class was fantastic and they tasted just as amazing. So glad I did it and a big shout out to Colleen who talked me in to doing it. I only hope I can reproduce them when I get home. And after much scientific investigation (i.e. taste testing at the likes of Ladurée, Pierre Hermé and Jean-Paul Hévin) I've come to the conclusion that my favorite flavor is salted butter caramel. Words can't describe how amazing it is.
I was also lucky enough to spend hours at the Monet exhibition and what a great coincidence that my visit happened while it was on; and the Michael Bublé show was great.
Thankfully I wasn't inconvenienced by any of the strike action regarding the raising of the retirement age in Paris, and only saw a little bit of signage for a protest on my last day but I was on my way to the airport.
I have safely arrived in Dubai and today had a lovely brunch at the Dubai Creek Golf Club, before Mel & I headed out to the Palm for cocktails by the pool with a great view of the Burj Al-Arab. It was a pretty amazing introduction to Dubai...
My Paris updates will be coming very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think..