It was a little rainy and overcast this morning but that wasn't going to stop my exploration of the magical city of Venice.I crossed the Rialto Bridge to explore the markets and the area on that side of Venice.
By 10am I felt like I'd climbed over every bridge in Venice at least twice. (Ok, I know that's probably a bit of an exaggeration, but that's how it felt.)
After my morning walk, I decided to head over to Burano, an island famous for its lace making traditions as well as their bright colorfully painted houses. The trip over took a little longer than I expected but once we arrived it was plainly evident that the colorful houses were well and truly a wonderful little part of the Venetian lagoon.
After a little bit of a wander around, it was back to the main part of Venice for some more exploration.
Tonight I did a Ghost Stories Walking tour of Venice that I'd arranged before I left home. Our guide, Christina, was a Venetian local and took us to some parts of hidden Venice that aren't normally on the tourist routes and provided us with many 'ghost stories' along the way, including the area where Marco Polo and his family lived during his life. All up, I think we had about 25 on the tour and it was a great way to see Venice at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think..