| Day time view from my hotel window. |
| Me with Castel Sant' Angelo in the background... |
Next it was onto the Colosseum & the Roman Forum. I originally hadn't planned to go into the Colosseum as mum & I did it last year and I'm scheduled to do it a night on Saturday 16th, but given my entry ticket for the Forum also included this, I thought why not. The wind picked up and we even got a little bit of rain, but it was also over pretty quickly. I managed to get up to the first level, which I hadn't gotten to during my previous visit.
After leaving the Colosseum I spent a fair bit of time wandering around the sprawling complex of the Palatine Hill and the forum was pretty amazing, given this was the heart of Rome and the home of western civilization.
Around 2pm I finally grabbed some lunch before heading off to find the Pantheon. When mum & I were here last year, it had already closed for the day, so it was great to be able to go inside and see this massive structure which was has been standing from approx. 118-125AD.
Next up was Piazza Navona and the first gelato of my trip – mint. I was able to sit and relax for a little while as it had been a big walking day and my feet are pretty sore.
From here I walked back to the hotel via the Ponte Sant' Angelo. I've got no idea how far I walked, but it was a pretty decent distance.
| My favorite Angel on the Ponte Sant' Angelo. |
SETLIST:
On the Floor
Crossfire
Magdalena
Bette Davis Eyes (cover)
Jilted Lovers & Broken Hearts
Right Behind You
Was It Something I Said?
Hard Enough
Losing Touch (cover)
Swallow It
Only the Young
Playing With Fire
Encore:
The Clock Was Tickin'
When You Were Young (cover)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think..