ROME - 5 nights
This first week will hopefully be a time to explore ancient Rome as well as exploring the Vatican. Having only spent one full day in Rome last year, I know there's so much left to see. At the moment, the only confirmed plans I've got are for the Friday when I'll be doing my SCAVI tour at the Vatican and for U2 concert at Stadio Olimpico.
Accommodation: Hotel Colors **
Via Boezio 31, 00184, Rome
Web: www.hotelcolorsrome.com
SORRENTO - 2 nights
View Hotel Colors Rome in a larger map
My base for exploring the ruins of Pompeii and the Isle of Capri.
Accommodation: Grand Hotel La Favorita ****
Via Tasso angolo Piazza Vittorio Veneto - 80067 Sorrento
Web:www.hotellafavorita.com
NAPLES - 1 night
View Grand Hotel La Favorita in a larger map
Originally I'd planned to base myself in Naples for three nights, but after hearing lots of negatives about Naples in general, I decided to change my plans and only stay one night as I need to be at the airport early the next day.
Accommodation:Mercure Napoli Garibaldi ***
Via G. Ricciardi, 33, 80142 Naples, Italy
Web: www.accorhotels.com/mercure-napoli-garibaldi
VENICE - 3 nights
View Hotel Mercure Napoli Garibaldi in a larger map
One of the must do's of this trip was to spend more than just a couple of hours in Venice. Last year, our tour only spent one night in 'the venice area', which meant we spent a few hours on the islands before heading back to our boring hotel on the mainland. So this time around I'm staying for three nights on the islands to really soak up the atmosphere and flavour of this amazing place.
Accommodation: Ca' dei Dogi
Corte Santa Scolastica, Castello 4242
Venice, 30122
Web: www.cadeidogi.it
ROME - 3 nights
View Ca' Dei Dogi in a larger map
Yes, I'm heading back to Rome for 3 nights. This wasn't originally on the plans, but as I've previously written, I'm going to be in Rome when Australia's first Saint (Mary MacKillop) is canonized and I think it will be one of those once in a lifetime events, so I'll be there. It will also give me a chance to explore some more of Rome. I've also booked myself into a cooking class during my return trip to Rome which should be a lot of fun. The course is held in a restaurant kitchen and after cooking a four course meal, we sit down and eat it.
Accommodation: Hotel Colors **
Via Boezio 31, 00184, Rome
Web: www.hotelcolorsrome.com
MUNICH - 1 night
View Hotel Colors Rome in a larger map
While not originally on the plan, I'll now be flying to Munich for one night before I go on to Salzburg. Why you ask??? Well, can you believe it, the 80's Norwegian band A-HA from "Take On Me" fame are on their farewell tour before they retire. I had originally planned to fly to Vienna from Rome the next day anyway (before catching the train to Salzburg), so in the end it meant having one less day in Rome, but given the proximity of Munich to Salzburg, I thought "why the hell not"... And a very good friend of mine is a massive A-HA fan and basically talked me into it. Thanks V.
Accommodation: Hotel Royal München ***
Schillerstrasse 11A, 80336 Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Web: www.hotel-royal.de
SALZBURG - 2 nights
View Royal Hotel in a larger map
Salzburg was always on my list of places to visit, and when I found out Michael Bublé would be performing there while I was in Europe, it just made perfect sense to get a ticket. Sadly, his concert has now been postponed, but I'm still going anyway. Of course, I'll do the total tourist thing and do the "Sound of Music" tour while I'm there. My mum will be so jealous...
Accommodation: Hotel-Annex Der Salzburger Hof ***
Kaiserschützenstraße 6, Elisabeth-Vorstadt
Salzburg, 5020Web: www.en.hotel-in-salzburg.at
BUDAPEST - 2 nights
View Hotel Der Salzburger Hof in a larger map
Budapest is one of those places I really wanted to visit this trip. A bit like Prague was last year. Let's hope it lives up to my expectations.
Accommodation: Hotel Central Basilica ***
Hercegprimas utca 8, Budapest H-1051, Hungary.
Web: www.hotelcentral-basilica.hu
PARIS - 5 nights
View Hotel Central Basilica in a larger map
Ahhhh Paris. It really wasn't a hard decision to have my flight to Dubai leave from Paris. Why??? Well it would obviously mean I'd need to spend a few days in the French capital before my flight. Pretty smart thinking on my behalf, if I do say so myself...
And given the disappointment with the postponement of Michael Buble in Salzburg, I secured a ticket for his Paris concert. Sadly this means I have to spend an extra day in the French capital. OH THE DRAMA!!! I've got a few other things lined up in Paris, including the "Behind the Scenes Tour of the Eiffel Tower", the Ballet and of course, the Monet Exhibition at the Grand Palais.
Accommodation (4 nights): Hotel Paris Louvre Opera ***
4 Rue des Moulins, 75001 Paris
Web: www.hotelparislouvreopera.com
Accommodation (1 night): Hotel Choiseul Opera ***
1, rue Daunou, 75002 Paris4 Rue des Moulins, 75001 Paris
Web: www.hotelchoiseuloperaparis.com
DUBAI - 16 nights
View Paris in a larger map
I'm really quite excited about my time in Dubai. I'm lucky that I'm going to be spending time with my friend Mel who's currently living over there. If all goes to plan we'll also make a trip to Jordan during my stay which should be amazing. Petra is one of those places that I think will just blow my mind.SINGAPORE - 3 nights
My big adventure comes to an end in Singapore with a few days of rest and relaxation before heading home.
Accommodation: Novotel Clarke Quay ****
177A River Valley Rd, 179031 Singapore
Web: www.accorhotels.com/novotel-clarke-quay
View Hotel Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay in a larger map
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think..