“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

10 June 2009

D27: London

Thanks to the wonderful 2 day Tube strike, Mum & I stuck pretty much to our home location today, which meant it was time to take mum to seen that London shopping institution Harrods.
The engagement ring...
Mmmmm!!! Cupcakes....
This cake would only set you back £4999 - What a bargain!
Tonight I met up with Kate, one of my Grobie friends for the Katy Perry concert at O2 Shepherds Bush Empire.  I caught a bus from just outside our hotel to make my way to Shepherds Bush, but with a combination of a tube strike and multiple traffic accidents, we weren't making much progress, so I jumped off the bus on Holland Rd after turning from Kensington High Street and walked.  Only problem was I really only had a vague idea of where I was going, but it all worked out ok and it took about 20 minutes.  Kate arrived around the same time as me and she'd had just as much drama with the traffic.  The concert was a lot of fun and it was a nice way to spend the night.
Thinking of You...
(For the rest of my Day 27 photos - click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..