I can't believe that the Hjort family's 3 weeks in New York is up. We were all up fairly early and unlike Jos, I had done practically no packing, but I couldn't put it off any longer. I didn't think I had that much, but... I put it down to my sisters bad influence. She is a shopping machine....
Anyway, after doing most of my packing it was off to Ladurée for a final time before having breakfast down on 2nd Avenue. Thankfully checkout was noon, although by the time we finally managed to close the door for the last time, it was more like 12:20pm. After lunch, it was time for me to say goodbye as I wanted to be out at the airport early given it was the Saturday before Christmas & I knew a lot of people would be traveling.
Our flight boarded on-time, but then we got the message from the Captain we were on a holding pattern and take off would be delayed for 45mins to an hour. We eventually took off, and my window seat had the best view of Manhattan as we past by.![]() |
| View of JFK from the plane. |
![]() |
| Easy to pick out Central Park & Times Square |
The first thing I noticed when the plane landed in Pittsburgh was there was snow on the side of the runways. Was kind of cool to see. When we landed I was welcomed with a temperature of -2C. After collecting my luggage Beth collected me after she'd been driving around the airport for 30/40 minutes.
Anyway, all was good... When we got back to her house it was time to toast our reunion with a Margarita.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think..