“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

13 December 2012

Day 14: New York

Jos & I were up early this morning to try and avoid the crowd at Century 21 at their downtown Manhattan location. The store opens at 7:45 and we got there just after 8:15am. It was brilliant as the crowds we'd experienced on Thursday last week were nowhere to be seen.

After a brief shop, we headed back to the hotel to collect the boys. Jos & Paul were off to Eleven Madison Park (a 3 star Michelin restaurant) to indulge in a belated 40th birthday lunch for Paul that would consist of 16 courses (yes, you read correctly). Meanwhile, Ben & I had lunch at the original Shake Shack in Madison Square park and while not quite coming close to 3 stars, it was still yummy!
Even though it was a beautiful sunny day with just a few clouds, it was pretty cold, so Ben & I had a brief walk around the around the area and got to check out the Flatiron Building.
From here we headed back to Rockefeller Centre so I could check out the Lego Store where I mad my very own "Lego Josh"... And yes, I know I'm sad & pathetic, but that's why you love me, isn't it???
Back at the hotel we waited for Jos & Paul to arrive home, and when they did we got to hear about their amazing 3 1/2 hour lunch.

Tonight Jos & I headed back to the Theatre District for yet another musical, this time it was "Bring it On" - a high action packed musical about cheer leading, which is loosely based on the 2000 film of the same name and focuses on the competitive world of cheerleading and over-the-top team rivalries. Along with the normal song & dance routines seem in most broadway shows, what really stood out for me was the tumbling, flipping and gymnastics routines which brought a heightened level of excitement to the entire show.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..