“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

14 February 2009

New Job - First Week...

So I started a new job on Monday, and thankfully I managed to survive the first week.

I was approached early this year to undertake a new role at my former work place. I'd been away from the Commission for about 2 years and in that time there had been a lot of changes. When I left, I didn't think I'd ever be back, not because I'd left on bad terms, it was more like I thought my time there was done. There's a lot of new staff at the Commission, but thankfully there are still quite a few people around from my days there, so that's helped to make the transition a little easier.

Anyway, the role I'm doing is very, very different to what I've been doing for the past 7 years, which in itself is quite scary. But this is one of the main reasons why I accepted the job. Initially I'm doing it as a 12 month secondment, so that way I've got the safety net of being able to return to Education if it doesn't work out.

My office is in the Executive Building, and I've got a great view down to Parliament House and the Botanical Gardens. Most of the Commission is still in the Mary Street building, but we'll be co-locating into a brand new office block in late June.

This is my view...


My desk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..