“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

03 November 2010

Day 31: Dubai - Hatta Mountain day trip

There's no rest for the weary traveller, so today Mel and I got out of Dubai and did a tour of the Hatta Mountains with Oasis Palm.  Our driver picked us up at Mel's apartment and we joined two other tourists from Germany before we headed out towards Hatta which is around 100km from Dubai.

View Hatta in a larger map
For our first adventure we went off-road in the 4WD and did some sand duning.  Talk about fun, if not somewhat scary at the same time as I was 'lucky' enough to be in passenger in the front seat.  We stopped for a photo op and I could have tried some sand boarding but I whimped out and just settled for a photo holding the board.
After we left the dunes, we headed towards the mountain valley at Madham. Given this area borders Oman, we had a couple of stops for passport checks.  It was then time to go off-road again where we followed the trails of the wadis (dry river beds) in the Hajjar Mountain before we reached fresh water pools.
After we left the Wadis our next brief stop was at the Hatta Heritage village.
Our included lunch was at the 5star Hatta Fort Hotel for a sumptuous lunch before we headed back to Dubai.
The view from our table...
Having a Pina Colada to match the resort feel or our lunch venue...
It was a really great day and I got to see some amazing scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..