As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the places I'm really excited about visiting while in Paris is the Musée Marmottan Monet. I'm the first to admit that I know absolutely nothing about art, but I do know that I like Monet and would probably go as far as saying he is one of my favorite artists...
Well my level of excitment has just gone into overdrive as I've discovered that the Grand Palais will be hosting CLAUDE MONET (1840-1926) from September 2010 to January 2011. This of course coincides with my visit to Paris in October. And trust me, I'm doing the happy dance as this is going to be the largest exhibition of Monet's work in over 30 years.
Over 200 of Monet's paintings will be on display and the collection will trace his long career from the very beginning to the well known images of the gardens and ponds of Giverny, and is the result of loans from the Musée d'Orsay, national and private collections worldwide.
As well as being thrilled about seeing such an exhuastive collection of Monet's work, I'm also really excited that its setting will be the Grand Palais which was originally built for the 1900 Universal Exhibition.
** Interesting trivia fact - Monet's first name is actually Oscar.
Well my level of excitment has just gone into overdrive as I've discovered that the Grand Palais will be hosting CLAUDE MONET (1840-1926) from September 2010 to January 2011. This of course coincides with my visit to Paris in October. And trust me, I'm doing the happy dance as this is going to be the largest exhibition of Monet's work in over 30 years.
Over 200 of Monet's paintings will be on display and the collection will trace his long career from the very beginning to the well known images of the gardens and ponds of Giverny, and is the result of loans from the Musée d'Orsay, national and private collections worldwide.
As well as being thrilled about seeing such an exhuastive collection of Monet's work, I'm also really excited that its setting will be the Grand Palais which was originally built for the 1900 Universal Exhibition.
** Interesting trivia fact - Monet's first name is actually Oscar.
Arial view of the Grand Palais (Source)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think..