“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

22 December 2008

Christmas greetings...

Believe it or not, there's only 3 more sleeps until Santa arrives... Where did the year go?

Looking back so much has happened over the past 12 months, but thankfully I've finished work now and I won't be back until Jan 5th. (Does the happy dance!!!)

My year was once again filled with much travel, lot of happy times with friend/family and lots and lots of Josh (sorry but I couldn't resist)...

Although reality struck home with mum's illness, but, on a positive, so far so good on that front so here's hoping that continues into 2009.

Myspace Christmas - http://www.christmaswordslive.com

Some of my 2008 highlights included:

January
  • Melbourne for the Australian Open tennis (surprise, surprise)...
  • Still in Melbourne - seeking Bon Jovi in concert at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl. Even with the rain, it was a great night.
March
  • Mum's surprise 60th. She had no idea, but she thoroughly enjoyed her surprise lunch with her family and close friends.
April
  • Jos & I went to see Maroon 5 at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre.
April/May
  • My UK adventure (you can read all about it here). While it didn't quite work out as originally planned, once I made the decision to go I knew I had to go and enjoy it, and I did. Thanks to my family and friends who helped me make, and then supported my decision. I'm really excited about going back to Europe in May/June next year. It'll be a year later than mum & I originally planned, but I'm sure we'll have a blast - but we still have to sit down to discuss 'the rules'.
July
  • Joshfest 08
August
  • Ben's first Lions game
September
  • The birth of my god-daughter to be Siana Joy. She's such a cutie (not that I'm biased or anything)..
  • I got promoted at work.
  • My new leather lounge suite (it was only about 7 years overdue.)
  • Long weekend in Melbourne to see Mel before she left for Dubai.
October
  • Grotoberfest 08
  • Jen and Mark's wedding
November
  • Cirque Du Soleil with Ben
(for more details on any of these, see my BLOG ARCHIVE on the right)..

Finally, I couldn't resist posting this email that's apparently doing the rounds:
"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the (northern) winter solstice holiday. I wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2009".
Somehow I think I like my greeting better:-

THE GIFT OF LOVE,
THE GIFT OF PEACE,
THE GIFT OF HAPPINESS...
MAY THESE BE YOURS AT CHRISTMAS

HERE'S HOPING THE NEW YEAR BRINGS FUN, LAUGHTER AND LOTS OF FUN TIMES WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!

And if anyone is struggling with what to get me for Christmas, this might help...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..