Also at this concert – Jos.
So I kept up my end of the deal and once again managed to get some great seats. We were in Row AJ on the floor, so basically we were 10 rows from the stage. I don't know how I do it, but I hope I can keep it up.
I'd actually got the tix as a Christmas present for Jos, but because Paul was in Melbourne for work I got to go along. We did what is fast becoming our 'normal' pre-concert dinner at Sizzler, and luckily it was like our disastrous "Crowded House" dinner, but we won't go there!
Brandi Carlile and One Republic were the support acts, and I've gotta say that I really enjoyed them both. I didn't really know who Brandi Carlile was (even though her song was used in Grey's Anatomy) but she was really quite impressive. She ended with a version of Hallelujah, but I've gotta say that I like the Bon Jovi verion a little better. Apart from Apologize, I hadn't heard much other stuff from OneRepublic, but they were good.
Maroon 5 took the stage and their show was pretty high energy. They mixed up their set with some of their older numbers (which I new) and then some of their newer tracks which I didn't know quite as well. Jos & I were pretty much on our feet for the entire concert. Adam Levine is quite the showman and looked like he enjoyed strutting his stuff on the stage.
When they came back on for the encore, Adam asked that everyone call out there requests, and the overwhelming response was "She Will Be Loved" (never would've picked that in a million years)... And I think that Adam and the band were just as surprised (NOT!!!!)
The crowd really got into the final song and there was one moment when there was fairly long pause (about 30 secs.) and Adam just stood there and soaked in all the cheering of the crowd, before kicking it on to the end of the song. I got some good clips of about 6 songs and you can see them below or click here.
Songs They Sang (Sorry not in any particular order)
Little Of Your Time
Makes Me Wonder
Harder To Breathe
The Sun
Can't Stop
Secret
Shiver
Wake Up Call
Sunday Morning
Won't Go Home Without You
This Love
If I Never See Your Face Again
She will Be Loved







No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think..