“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

19 January 2008

Bon Jovi in Concert...

So after years of watching the annual Carol's By Candlelight from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl on Christmas Eve, I finally got to experience a concert event at this iconic, if not somewhat bizarre venue. It certainly wasn't the type of venue I expected Bon Jovi to play, but I ended up having a great night, and even with the rain towards the end, it was kind of fun.


I was lucky to score tickets in the reserved seating area in the general public sale, so Melissa & I were able to relax and not stress about getting to the venue early to line up for the general admission area on the hill behind the seating area. And to be honest, I don't think I would've bothered if I hadn't been able to get the reserved seats, although we were on our feet from the moments the boys took to the stage until they after the encore. And even from Row W, we still had a great view of the stage.

The band weren't shy about playing their old hits, and at the same time, their new stuff really rocked out as well, even though their latest album is "Nashville" inspired.

With only one concert in Melbourne and with tickets having sold out in 15 minutes, the crowd of 12,000 really, really got into the show. And you've got to give it to them, that even after 25 years they still rock out and whip the crowd into a frenzy!!

My new Panasonic 10x zoom camera got a good work out, and I managed to get some good pics and some good videos as well, put I'm still getting use to it. Anyway, you can see my clips here.

SET LIST
  • Lost Highway
  • Bad Name
  • Raise Your Hands
  • Runaway
  • Summertime
  • Capt. Crash
  • In These Arms
  • (You Want To) Make A Memory
  • Whole Lot Of Leavin'
  • Born To Be My Baby
  • We Got It Goin' On
  • It's My Life
  • Bad Medicine (With Shout)
  • I'll Be There For You (Richie)
  • Have A Nice Day
  • Faith
  • Sleep
  • Who Say's We Can't Go Home
  • Prayer
*******************************
  • Blood On Blood
  • Hallelujah
  • Wanted
  • I Love This Town
  • Twist and Shout

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..