“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

10 March 2008

The countdown....


Well ever since I made the somewhat snap decision in October last year to commit to a trip to London in May 2008 (to, let's face it, basically see Josh in Chess and to do some touring as well) I've been counting down the days. Hard to believe isn't it?

Anyway, my plans are all but finalised-
  • with the help of family and friends we somehow managed to talk my mum into coming with me;
  • new passport valid and ready to be used;
  • flights confirmed (Cathay Pacific);
  • hong kong stop-overs arranged;
  • 12 day Cosmos bus tour of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales booked;
  • hotel for our week in London sorted (after the dramas of having the first one I'd booked deciding to close for renovations - how awfully rude);
  • day trip to Paris and the Palace of Versailles on the Eurostar arranged;
  • currency organised;
  • leave approved; and finally
  • tickets for both nights of Chess at the Royal Albert Hall sorted thanks to Jackie & Elke.
Well, it's now officially 45 days until we fly out. That's only 6 1/2 weeks away. OMJ**, I'm starting to freak out!!! So much has happened since 25th October last year.

I guess the only thing left to do know is for mum and I to sit down to discuss "The Rules"...

And in case you can't tell, I'm a little excited about this trip!

(**OMJ = Oh my Josh in-case you're wondering)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..