“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

19 January 2008

Melbourne (Apart from Tennis & Bon Jovi)

All up I had 5 days in Melbourne. I was up at 3am on Saturday morning in order to catch my 5:20am flight. Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through all this, but in the end it's worth it.

So my first few days were pretty busy with the tennis and the concert, so it really wasn't until Monday that I did anything else. For lunch I went to La Camera Restaurant on the Promenade at Southbank. It was lovely, and the bonus was that I was able to meet with Tracey and Emma who I'd met at the Josh Groban concert in Adelaide. And yes, you don't need to be a genius to guess what we talked about over lunch. (Hee hee!!!) It was such a lovely way to spend the afternoon.

On Tuesday night I went and saw Spamalot at Her Majesty's Theatre. It was ok, but I kind of came away a little disappointed. I can't quite put my finger on why, but it just wasn't as funny as I thought it'd be. But I still had a nice night.

I did a little bit of retail therapy on Wednesday before having lunch with Mel and heading home.

Now the focus is my UK trip with mum in April. I can't believe it's less than 3 months away.

And as those wonderful lyrics from the Pointer Sisters go -- "I'M SO EXCITED!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..