“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
30 September 2012
Lady Antebellum...
While it felt like the majority of the population of Brisbane was at Southbank last night for Riverfire, the closing night extravaganza to the Brisbane Festival, I was only a passing spectator as I was headed to the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre to spend the night with Lady Antebellum. While I didn't see the fireworks, I did mange to fight my way through the crowd to check out the lantern garden before heading to venue.
As I was walking to the venue, I suddenly realized that my ticket was sitting on my fridge, and not in my wallet where it should be. D'oh! Luckily it wasn't a drama, and they were able to print me a new ticket there. I was also lucky enough to win a "Meet & Greet" with the band before the show, which was a great way to start the night.
M&G wristband...
M&G time - with Dave, Hillary & Charles...
There was probably about 25-30 people in the group that got to meet the guys before the show, and I was the second last person to meet them. Unlike Josh's M&G, there was no autograph signing and no photos on personal cameras; instead they had a professional taking the pics, which were then uploaded to their website. I was actually quite happy with the picture (posted above). All three of them were really lovely and Hillary loved my shoes!
My seats were awesome - Second row, dead centre. And I've got to say that I was mighty impressed with the Brisbane crowd. I've long been quite critical of crowd involvement at shows here in BrisVegas, but last night the crowd really out did themselves (especially down on the floor). Most of the people around me were on their feet for the pretty much the entire show.
Great pictures. Love Lady A. Saw them live this summer and I have to say best concert I've gone too. Hillary is even more gorgeous in person and the guys are pretty hot too. I like Hillary's hubby Chris, I think he's pretty cute too.
Great pictures. Love Lady A. Saw them live this summer and I have to say best concert I've gone too. Hillary is even more gorgeous in person and the guys are pretty hot too. I like Hillary's hubby Chris, I think he's pretty cute too.
ReplyDeleteThanks. It certainly was a great show. And yes, Chris is pretty cute as well..
ReplyDeletegreat pictures Kay and thank you.
ReplyDelete