“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

14 March 2012

Chris Botti...

Back in December last year when I purchased my ticket to see Chris Botti in Melbourne, the only other Australian city he was due to visit was Sydney.  Not wanting to miss out on seeing him, I decided to that a trip to Melbourne sounded good, and given it had been a few years since I'd last been to the Victorian Capital, the timing was pretty much perfect.

Anyway, as luck would have it, I was checking Twitter one lunch time and read a tweet from QPAC announcing tickets for Chris had just gone on sale.  Well that set in motion a flurry of texts and emails and it was eventually all sorted that we would be seeing him in Brisbane.

So this is how it came to pass that Chris, Jenny & I got to see Chris again last night at QPAC.  Last year we were lucky enough to see him at "The Tivoli" from the front row, and this year, thanks to Chris, we scored seats just as awesome - front row centre!

Unlike the Melbourne show which featured a full symphonic orchestra, this show was just Chris and his band.  And no offense to Melbourne, but I enjoyed this show so much more.

After the show as is tradition, Chris stayed around to sign autographs and mingle with the crowd.  And never one to pass up an opportunity, Jenny & I both stuck around and got our CD's singed and another picture to add to our celebrity stalking adventures.
Chris & me
Chris & Jenny
2012 autograph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..