“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

22 August 2010

Things that make me happy...

Since I can pretty much remember, I've always loved music.  Sadly, as much as I try, I can't sing to save myself, but nothing quite matches the feeling I get when I go to a gig and see live music...  Whether it be in a small intimate venue of a huge stadium gig with tens of thousands of people.  

To date, 2010 has been pretty quiet on the music front, and I've only attended two concerts so far this year - Lady Gaga & Imogen Heap.  But the next few months will be pretty busy

- in a couple of weeks I'm seeing Mark Sholtez with my friends Lana & Jenny at the Judith Wright Centre which should be interesting as I've never been to a gig at this venue before.

- and I've managed to line up a few gigs while I'm overseas including U2 in Rome, A-HA (yes, the 80's Norweigan band of "Take On Me" fame") in Munich and Michael Buble in Paris.  Plus there might be one or two others that I might squeeze if time permits.

Then on my return home, December will be pretty busy.  Bon Jovi are returning to our shores and I've got a ticket to see them in Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium and today it was announded that U2 are coming back down under with their U2360 tour.  Even though I'll be seeing the U2 boys in Rome, I'll probably still get a ticket to see them in Brisbane as well.  When they last toured in November 2006, I actually saw them three times - once in Brisbane and twice in Sydney. And in Sydney, Michael and I actually got up right near the stage in the inner eclipse area which was just amazing!!! 

If you're interested - my concert photos from 2007 onwards can be viewed at my SmugMug site here.

The U2 down under tour announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..