“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

03 January 2009

Soundtrack to my life...

So instead of my normal random iPod selection, I've decided to do the "Soundtrack to my life"..

This is how it works:
- Open your choice of music player and put it on shuffle.
- Press play.
- For every question type the song thats on.
- And when you go to a new question press the next button.
- No cheating!
- Post the answers to your journal

Opening Credits:
MYSERY – Live (Songs from Black Mountain)

Waking Up:
FIELDS OF GOLD – Sting (The Very Best of Sting & The Police)

First Day At School:
YOU GOTTA BE – Des’ree (I Ain’t Movin)
“You gotta be
You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together”
Falling In Love:
WHEN IT ALL FALLS APART – The Veronicas (The Secret Life of the Veronicas)
Not a good sign really... Maybe this is a sign I should stay single???
“Cause baby
Everything is F'ed up straight from the heart
Tell me what do you do, when it all falls apart
Gotta pick myself up where do I start
Cuz I can't turn to you when it all falls apart
No”
Fight Song:
WALK A MILE – Holly Golightly (Truly She Is No Other)
Not really what I had in mind…

Breaking Up:
CAN'T STOP – Maroon 5 (It Won't Be Soon Before Long)
This is quite scary
“And I can't stop thinking about you
And I can't stop thinking about you
You never call, what do I do?
And I can't stop, and I can't stop”
Prom:
WE'VE GOT TONIGHT – Ronan Keating featuring Lulu (10 Years of Hits)
Quite appropriate given that Prom is for one night only…
“We've got tonight
Who needs tomorrow?
We've got tonight
Why don't you stay?”
Life:
LOST – Michael Buble (Call Me Irresponsible)
'Cause you are not alone
And I am there with you
And we'll get lost together
Till the light comes pouring through
'Cause when you feel like you're done
And the darkness has won
Babe, you're not lost
When the worlds crashing down
And you can not bear the cross
I said, baby, you're not lost
Mental Breakdown:
RUINED IN A DAY – New Order (The Best of New Order)
“Some people like to deceive you,
while others may feel that they need you.
While I do the best that I can,
keeping my life in my hands.”
Driving:
STUPID BOY – Keith Urban (Love, Pain & The Whole Crazy Thing)

Flashback:
IN YOUR EYES – Kylie Minogue (Ultimate Kylie)
“Destiny has a funny way
When it comes and takes all your cares away
I can't think of a single thing
Other than what a beautiful state I'm in
Is the world still spinning around
I don't feel like coming down”
Getting back together:
DREAMS CALL OUT TO ME – Evermore (Lakeside Sessions)
“Bring me back again and don’t let me fall;
I’m not waiting for the end of it all”
Wedding:
DANCE WITH YOU – Live (The Distance To Here)
One of my all time favorite Live songs – very appropriate for a wedding song
“I wanna dance with you
I see a world where people live and die with grace
the karmic ocean dried up and leave no trace
I wanna dance with you
I see a sky full of the stars that change our minds
and lead us back to a world we would not face”
Birth of Child:
ALL I WANT IS YOU – U2 (Rattle and Hum)

Final Battle:
CEMETERY – Silverchair (Freak Show)
Maybe one song too early, particularly when you see what the next one is.

Death Scene:
THE ENTERTAINER – Billy Joel (Streetlife Seranade)
Certainly not what I had planned... LOL!

Funeral Song:
SOMEDAY – The Corrs (Forgiven, Not Forgotten)
(Someday you'll forget me)
Someday you'll forget me
(Someday you'll forget me)
Someday you'll forget me
End Credits:
HEAD OVER FEET – Alanis Morissette (Jagged Little Pill Acoustic)
“You are the bearer of unconditional things
You held your breath and the door for me
Thanks for your patience”

I certainly got some interesting (if not somewhat scary) results.

Of course, I'm quite devastated that there's no Josh. Maybe I'll do another one based on Josh next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..