“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

22 January 2007

Australian Open 2007...

Ok, for something a little bit different, I've decided to do the A-Z of my Australian Open experience...

A is for Australian Open - surprise, surprise!!!
B is for Bruce McAvaney - isn't it 'special'. What would the Channel 7 commentary team be without him?
C is for Cricket Updates - thanks Nezza
D is for Davis Cup - not long now until we play Belgium. Fingers crossed we win and Croatia defeats Germany (sorry Michelle) for a home tie in April
E is for Ethnic Tension - the coverage of day one was more about the action in the crowd and not on the court
F is for Friends - caught up with Melissa, Michelle, Jacquie & Janelle
G is for (Fernando) Gonzalez - the surprise packet of the tournament
H is for Heat and Humidity - pretty much says it all
I is for Internet - was hard to be away from my computer for a couple of days, but I somehow managed to survive
J is for Jim (Courier) - nearly always provided the crowd with a comedic moment or two at the post match interviews
K is for Karma - particularly to the person who handed in my lost wallet (see "L") with everything still inside (includ. over $140 in cash)
L is for Lost Wallet - just a few quite moments of panic (how will I get on the plane, how will I get my car out of the carpark, and more importantly how will I be able to buy myself some new shoes???)
M is for Melbourne
N is for (Rafael) Nadal
O is for Open
P is for Public Transport - I love the fact that trams run every couple of minutes or so, and that you don't have to wait for up to 1/2 hour if you miss one.
Q is for Quality tennis
R is for Rain - of course I experienced typical Melbourne weather.
S is for Sore Feet - lots of walking
T is for Tennis - what else could I say (except for maybe Tommy)!
U is for Upsets - and there were plenty of them during the two weeks of the open
V is for Victoria Hotel - where I stayed (in the heart of the city and close to the tennis)
W is Wayno - a sad exit forced by a bad reaction to a painkilling injection
X is for eXhausted - that's how I felt when I got home
Y is for ... (I need some inspiration)
Z is for ... (Again, I need some inspiration)

Fri 19 Jan 07 – Day Session 11:00am Vodafone Arena
Fri 19 Jan 07 – Nigh Session 7:30pm Rod Laver Arena
Sat 20 Jan 07 – Day Session 11:00am Rod Laver Arena
Sat 20 Jan 07 – Night Session 7:30pm Rod Laver Arena
Sun 21 Jan 07 – Day Session 11:00am Rod Laver Arena (& Vodafone to see Tommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..