“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

21 November 2006

The Piano Man - Live In Concert...

I joined the 'Billy Joel Tragics' (aka Jos & Michelle) as a last minute stand in for Paul at the first of the Piano Man's Brisbane shows. I just hope Tony isn't put out by not being included as part of the Tragics, but somehow I think it will be alright.

Billy was in fine voice and showed that he still has it - even at 57. A crowd of about 12,500 enjoyed a two and a half hour show that included many hits from his 35 year career.
I think this quote from the Courier Mail sums it all up - "There were no huge screens, no pyrotechnics, no gimmicks at all - unless you count a revolving piano - because Joel didn't need them. The focus was all on the piano man - just as it should be."
A special shout out to to Michelle for eventually remembering to pass on my thanks to Jos for the ticket.

Set List

* Prelude/Angry Young Man
* My Life
* Everybody Loves You Now
* Just The Way You Are
* The Entertainer
* Zanzibar
* New York State Of Mind
* Allentown
* Don't Ask Me Why
* The Ballad Of Billy The Kid
* Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
* An Innocent Man
* Keeping The Faith
* She's Always A Woman
* I Go To Extremes
* The River Of Dreams
* Highway To Hell (Special Appearance by "CHAINSAW')
* We Didn't Start The Fire
* Big Shot
* It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
* You May Be Right
* Scenes From An Italian Restaurant
* Uptown Girl
* Piano Man

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..