“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

18 May 2011

Ben Folds in Concert...

I was lucky to score myself a front row seat for the second Ben Folds show in Brisbane. Sadly, given the show was QPAC, it meant that taking photos wasn't really an option, so I was able to sit back, relax and just enjoy the show (and just took a few quick snaps with my iPhone).

Kate Miller-Heidke opened the show and was brilliant. If you get the chance to see her, I highly recommend it. This is a clip I found on Ytube of Kate and her husband and guitarist Keir Nuttall.
This is a picture Kate took of the audience during the show. I'm in the front row, on far right hand side as you look at the picture.
After Kate's set, Ben came onto the stage and entertained the audience for well over 2 hours. It was an amazing show in support of his latest album "Lonely Avenue" which was a collaboration between him and bestselling English novelist Nick Hornby.

The show was mind-blowingly brilliant full of so much energy and exuberance. It's easy to see the pure passion and excitement that he has when it comes to his music and live performances in particular. At one point, Kate joined him back on stage to sing "You Don't Know Me".

I can't recommend his show highly enough, so if he's ever in your area, make sure you get yourself a ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think..