When I first heard that Keith Urban was coming back to Brisbane as part of his "Get Closer" World Tour , I wasn't sure if I'd get see him. It wasn't that I didn't want to see him in concert again, but I've got a trip to NYC to save for... But as soon as I heard that Lady Antebellum was the support act, it didn't take me long to decided that I just had to be there.
For those of you who don't know "Lady Antebellum" are a three piece Grammy award winning trio comprising of Charles Kelley (lead/background vocals), Dave Haywood (background vocals/guitar/piano/mandolin) and Hillary Scott (lead/background vocals). I was first introduced to them when Josh Groban (surprise, surprise) joined them on stage in LA to sing their song "Hello World".
Thankfully this duet lead me to buy their album and it now features quite heavily on my playlist.
So on Friday night, I met Lana for an early dinner at Wilston before heading out to the Brisbane Entertainment Centre for the show. And what a great night it was!
Lady A took to the stage just after 7:30pm for a 45 minute set which they finished off with "Need You Now" which is probably their best known song here in Australia (this clip was from their Melbourne show).
We had great seats, front row in the Lower Circle, right near the stage (Section 46A, Row A, Seats 139-140). Keith's set went for about 2 1/2 hours and it was a good mixture of both of old and new songs, as well as an amazing cover of "Flame Trees" which I think was my highlight as the entire audience was singing along. Here's a clip of it from the Melbourne show.
And you know it wouldn't be a concert if I didn't take a few pictures, so here's a sample. If you're interested in seeing the full gallery, check out my SmugMug site here.
Our awesome view -
Lady Antebellum -
Keith Urban -
| This one is my favorite shot of the night... |

No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think..