After being lucky enough to have experienced three amazing overseas vacations in three years, I really thought that this year would be the year I'd stay home.
Well, that was the plan until a few weeks ago...
Back on March 1st, Josh Groban announced tour dates for the north American leg of his "Straight to You" world tour. And well, for anyone that knows me, knows that I'm slightly (how can one say this without sounding like a stalkerish) obsessed with Josh, so I didn't take much convincing from a number of my 'Josh' friends to make the trip to the US.
My friend Jo even tried to convince me to go with her in August, but in the end I decided to head over to the states in November. Initially I thought I would be able to do three concerts, but then after looking at the tour schedule, I was able to squeeze another one in, so now I'll be seeing four shows:
04-Nov Nassau Coliseum (Row 3) - Uniondale, Long Island, New York
08-Nov Verizon Wireless Arena (Row 6) - Manchester, New Hampshire
09-Nov Dunkin' Donuts Arena (Row 6) - Providence, Rhode Island
(Yes, I'm going to a show in an arena named after Dunkin' Donuts -- only in America!)
14-Nov Madison Square Garden (Row 12) - New York
(Yes, I'm going to a show at Madison Square Garden -- SQUEEEEEEEE)
One of the great things about this trip is that I'm hoping to meet up with a heap of my "Josh" friends that I've met via cyberspace. mainly through Josh's website. I was lucky to meet a few people from the US when I was in London for Chess, including Jacqueline who I'll be going to 3 of the 4 shows with, and who has offered to put me up for a bit which is totally amazing (thanks Jacqueline). I'm also beyond thrilled to finally meet some of my other 'friends' that I've gotten to know through our 'mutual love and respect of the artist know as Josh Groban'. LOL
After the last concert in New York, I'm planning to spend a couple of weeks on the East Coast doing some more sightseeing. I'm also hoping I get to visit with my friend Beth in Pittsburgh who I last saw back in 1997 when I last visited the US.
Another great thing about my trip is that I'll actually be in the States at Thanksgiving, which will be pretty exciting, especially given we don't celebrate it here in Australia. So I'm hoping things work out that I'm able to celebrate it with some of my friends.
There's still lots of planning to do (and you all know how much I love planning and researching my holidays), one thing I know is that I'll be definitely back in New York for at least 6 days before I fly home. I'm planning to go the the Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring the world-famous Radio City Rockettes which is celebrating its 79th year.
And finally I'll also be in NYC for the lighting of the Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center which should be pretty amazing and will get me in the mood for the holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think..