I've been thinking (yeah I know it's dangerous) - given I'll be in Paris for over 4 days, I'm kind of tempted to do some sort of cooking class while I'm there. I think it would be something fun to do, especially as many museums are closed on either Monday or Tuesday (which happens to work in quite perfectly with my plans as I'll arrive lunch-time Saturday and leave for Dubai on Wednesday night).
Thanks to the wonders of the world wide web, my research has so far proved pretty useful and I'm quite interested in one of these types of classes. Anyone have any opinions? Leave your thoughts below.
- Pastry class
Prepare a number of traditional pastries or desserts such as creme brulee, molten chocolate cake, Soufflé au Grand marnier, Madeleine or poached pears with red wine and spices.
(Class duration - 2 hours 30 minutes)
- Baking class
Prepare 3 types of breakfast pastries such as croissants, pain au chocolat, and brioche.
(Class duration - 3 hours)
- Macaroon class
Prepare 3 kinds of macaroons (e.g. chocolate macaroons, Raspberry macaroons and lime and rosemary).
(Class duration - 3 hours)



I reckon if you are going to do a class, then do the Macaroons. I would totally do this class. If you read some cookbooks or even recent reviews of pastries of late, all the chefs say it's sometimes impossible to achieve the right mixture etc.
ReplyDeleteHere are some other links I have found for you (which I researched late last year):
ReplyDelete*some more cooking schools - http://www.francetourism.com/practicalinfo/classescooking.htm
*here are some of the foodie tours I was telling you about (some of them are more expensive than I recember and go for a few days. There are some 1/2 day ones though) - http://www.infohub.com/scripts/html_cgi/affiliate/index.php?action=summary&loc_id=193&page=2
There you go. If your going to do a bike tour - make sure you get an electric bike - awesome fun!