“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

14 July 2008

Job application - done & dusted...

So I finally got myself organised and submitted my job application for the job I've been doing for the past 12 months. Lucky for me there wasn't a selection criteria on meeting set time-frames. But I did manage to get my coversheet in on time (hee hee)...

Now I just have to play the waiting game to see if I get an interview. Oh well, if I don't they'll have to find me something else to do (which mightn't be such a bad thing)...

And BTW - "I HATE SELECTION CRITERIA!!!!"

No wonder people laugh at the recruitment processes that are used by government. This is just one example of the selection criteria I had to answer:

Demonstrated high level ability to contribute to the achievement of corporate objectives through the provision of strategic and technical advice and recommendations." What the?

Can someone please explain?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the job application. Keep us posted on how you go.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think..